Thursday, January 8, 2009

Departure Day - KC to Chicago

Everything went well, until June called me at the KC Airport asking if I had forgotten the hose to my CPAP. Well, I did. My attempt to make the morning easy for her by calling a Taxi didn't work. She had to come and deliver the tube to me at the airport. The TSA attendees said to me "We noticed you didn't have any tubes with your CPAP - in carry-on." Glad having a CPAP with no hose doesn't constitute a threat to National Security or else I'd never be here in Chicago typing on a shared computer in the Business Center. KC has free WiFi, but not Chicago. Go figure.

These Business Centers sound nice, but they are really nothing more than "Public Technical UniSex Restroom." You can hear every one's business. And there are no towels to wipe down the 'public keyboards'. Makes me nervous. But it's better than sitting doing nothing.

I depart for Tokyo in a couple of hours. Hopefully my request for upgrade to 1st class will be honored. Not that business class isn't that great - it is. But 1st Class has better food and I love Japanese food!

Am I getting a toothache or is this slight discomfort simply a reaction to the cabin pressure on the way here?

I should be able to get on-line in Japan and write more. Meanwhile I made it to Chicago.





Note to self: Never sit in the lounge and watch the mechanics work
on your plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment