Saturday, March 21, 2009

I met Ms. Saigon 1970


This is my last weekend in Bangkok until May. So I decided to re-visit Xuan Mai Restaurant (see previous blog entry for details). And there she was. Ms Saigon 1970 and ex-FBI Agent.

The restaurant was busy so we didn't have much time to talk. I shared with her that I had heard about her story and her restaurant while listening to NPR in Kansas City MO, USA. It was my plan to visit while I was in Bangkok. Hopefully I would meet her in person.

I didn't have reservations (Something to keep in mind for my next visit). So I was moved from table to table a couple of times. I ended up sitting with a couple from Germany. They where about my age. It turned out to be a wonderful dinner.


Note to wife: If you can make it to Bangkok, this is definitely one place we have to experience together.

No comments:

Post a Comment