Thursday, March 19, 2009

Short visit to India

I changed the title of this blog to include India. I was not sure I was going there during this stint, but I was fortunate to make a two day visit. The pic on the right is the view from my hotel room balcony. This is looking east. In the morning, pigeons would roost on the ledge and make their "cooo" sound. It was a gentle alarm-clock. Of course there was the 6AM train that sounded earlier than the pigeons. And in the evenings I could hear the Adhan - the Muslim Call to Prayer. It was surrealistic.


The pic on the left is a small shot of the hotel room. Yes, that is a 50" Plasma TV. I felt at home, except I had a King size Bed in front of the TV instead of a couch shared with 1 wife and 2 dogs.

I miss the couch - but this was refreshing.




When I arrived at the office I was met with open handshakes and a bouquet of flowers. Pictures were taken and on the internal company WWW site (Intranet) there was an announcement of my arrival along with pictures of me with flowers. Embarrassing in a way.

The best part of my trip was the opportunity to see my friends in Hyderabad. All had come to KC in the past and now I was visiting them in their country. My time was too short to spend a lot of time visiting, and no time to be together outside working hours. I hope to do so the next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment