Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lunch with the Team

May 18th marked our 4th year anniversary. So we decided to have a full team lunch at the Windsor Hotel. Four years ago the team started off with 3 associates. Over the past four years we have grown to 22 Thai Associates.




The buffet was a fusion of Thai, European and Mediterranean. "Fusion" style foods seem popular over the past few years here in Bangkok. My first plate held Chicken Satay along with two fish dishes one from Germany and the other from Sardinia.





It is with a bit of sadness that I had this meal with the team. And I suspect just as sad if not more for the Expat who reports to me and has lived in Bangkok for 4 years. If I am successful this trip, it may be my last. And the Expat will be returning home to the USA. We've developed the team so that they can stand on their own. Rather than sending Americans to Thailand, we want to bring more Thai associates to the USA for visits. So it is not like I won't see them again, but I may never see them all as one group. I have loved working with this dear friends and it is sometimes difficult to close a chapter in your life and open the next. But I'm sure there names will be written in that chapter as well.



Front (L-R): Noon, Kathy, Banana, Vi, Noom, Muay, Rung, Eve, Aey, Piyanud

Middle (L-R): Bomb, Neung, Yui

Rear (L-R): Wow, Bert, Kris (Expat), Champ, Ake, Egg, Tong, Chai, Nutto

Absent: Be

No comments:

Post a Comment