Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Apartment

Main Living Area

The first picture on the left is taken coming into the apartment. It is the main living area. A nice flat-panel TV with DVD player and stereo can be seen in the far corner. The item on the wall above the TV is one of the AC Units - more about those later.





The second picture is taken from the far corner looking
back towards the entrance.

The apartment has separate for dining which for me is just another staging area for when I come home and unload my laptop bag and other items from the office. Notice the AC Unit on the wall.


Most of my time is spent here, at the desk (Office) which is in the main living area.










Bedroom

Next is the bedroom. It comes with a nice king size bed with an incredibly comfortable mattress. Notice the AC Unit on the wall.








The Bedroom also has decent TV.










Another special quality of the bedroom is that is has the ONLY VIEW possible.
It is behind curtans which are behind the TV I can see another house and part of the Emporium shopping center (tall building)








Kitchen

The kitchen takes some getting used to.








It is equipped with most items I use, but no such thing as "non-stick pans". The rice cooker I purchased is seen on the left.

The most difficult part of the kitchen to me is the single sink and not having a garbage disposal. I'm learning to eat everything possible from veggies I prepare.





A novel piece of the kitchen is the Ice Machine. Its manual but fun. It is divided into two parts as shown in this picture. The top part (white plastic) are the two small ice-cube-trays. They have handles. When the ice is frozen, one simply turns the handle and the ice-cubes pop down into the small tray (clear plastic). My fridge has food, but with all the fresh foods available in Bangkok, I have no use for the freezer except to make ice.




Bathroom

The bathroom is nice. And I especially like the shower















The most intimidating item in this apartment is the combo
Washer-Dryer. I've never seen such a thing.


How can you dry clothes in the same unit that you just washed them? Doesn't that take extra time to dry the wash-water out of the unit? I'll find out.






AC Units

And now for the AC Units. There are two in the main living area and one of the bedroom. Each has its own "remote control" which are mounted at eye level on the wall near each unit. I took one down and laid it on the dining room table for this picture. Climate control in three locations, all for a 55 sq meter apartment. And you don't' want to forget where you placed the remote. You could die of heat exhaustion or freeze to death before you found it.

Amazing Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment