Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lunch with the Ladies and K'Chai


I've been eating only one meal a day - lunch. And actually I don't miss dinner at all, but usually I can't wait for lunch. I've been eating with various associates and today it was me, the ladies and Chai. We tried to get into a street-side outdoor resturant but it was too crowed. So we ate at a small resturant located next to the Japanese Language School. The two people at the far end of the table were not in our parth. So, starting with K'Chai on the righ and moving counter clockwise there is K'Nud then across on the left is K'Muay, K'Yui and K'Rung.




One of my favorite Thai dishes is Grapow Gai (Spicy Basil Chicken). I try to make it myself, but it is never as good as when it is cooked by the Thais. This may not look like enough food to last all day, but after two weeks of eating just one meal a day, I think my stomach has shrunk a bit. This much satisfies me until the next morning when I awake and being to start thinking about lunch again. The fried egg on top of the rice is quite a treat. The egg and a little Nam Pla (Fish sauce) with hot Thai chilies added to the rice and I was all set. It was delicious ! Or as they say in Thai Aroy Dii

2 comments:

  1. Lunch with the ladies, eh?... J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that was only 4 of the troupe of ladies on our team. If only Chai and I could get them to Pay. We will try again with the next set of 4.

    ReplyDelete