Sunday, January 18, 2009

Upgraded my iNet Connection Speed

I am now at 1MB. Yeah ! I won't be so frustrated when I need to upload pics.

Went to Villa Market purchased ground beef and ground chicken and zip lock bags to divide up the meat into small meals. Both types of meat run ~ 1.44 @ lb. Meats are a bit high compared to other items in Thailand. If I have the nerve, I'll go back an buy a chicken at Klong Toei Market. I like to prepare Laab Gai which is a spicy chicken dish and Beef Basil, both require the meat be finely ground. I also picked up my stash of Red Bull. It costs a mere $0.25 a bottle here in Bangkok - and it is a bit stronger than what is sold in the USA. Red Bull was invented in Bangkok. There are a couple of 'knock offs' of course. I prefer the original.

I then stopped at Boots Pharmacy and talked to the lady pharmacist about my back. She prescribed me 3 days of muscle-relaxer (Myonal) and anti-inflammatory (Cataflam). I'm not sure Myonal is available in the US, but if it is I'm sure it requires a script. Same for Cataflam which according to the Thai pharmacist is better than Ibuprofen. Cost? A mere < $5.00 for both. We will see how good it works.

Weather is starting to warm up - not hot, but warmer than last week. I'm not looking forward to the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment