Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Waterboarding - is it really torture?

Not sure, but it will keep you awake. For those who haven't read the earlier posts in this blog which gives all the details of my apartment - that box on the wall above the bed is an AC unit. There are three of these in this 55sq meter apartment. Did I mention it gets really hot here in Bangkok? And there is a competition between temperature vs. humidity - which one can be higher?

The AC over my bed started dripping water last night from a number of places. First time in over 2 weeks. There was so much water that two of the four pillows needed to be wrung out in the shower and will be drying out all day, or hopefully replaced.

Where there are pillows is usually where there is my head.

Thankfully it is not that hot here in BKK (Airport code for Bangkok), not yet. So I can survive with this unit being turned off. Of course I have to lower the temp in the living area which means I walk into a "freezer" if I need to get a drink of water during the night. Water - yea, that's another issue. You just don't drink water out of the tap. You have to boil or buy Nam Plao (drinking water). And you have to be careful when you say that word. Because Nam Pla means Fermented Fish Sauce. - made by packing anchovies in a barrell, allowing them to rot for months, then drain off the liquid. That is Nam Pla, not Nam Plao. Did I mention Thai is a tough language?

Now - let's see how many "Engineers" will to tell me "AC drip... Krap".

No comments:

Post a Comment