Sunday, February 22, 2009

Waterboarding is getting worse

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned "Waterboarding"


The AC Unit above the head of my bed has a wooden ledge built under it. At times, during the middle of the night, water collects on this ledge and eventually drips onto the pillows in my bed and sometimes directly onto me.

It is getting worse. Perhaps because the temperature here in BKK is rising. Currently at 2AM it is ~ 80F. Tomorrow expected high is 95F+ So I have to keep my AC unit running all the time while I'm in my apartment.

The Witsawagawn (Engineers) will be here around 10AM to examine the AC unit in my bedroom. But I think I know the problem. As you recall I have three of these units in my apartment. One is on the wall above the TV in the main living area and the other is above the dining table. Those two do not pose a problem.

I believe whoever designed this place made a mistake. They placed the AC unit over the bed, thus causing a cold airstream directly upon the bed which make it uncomfortable. So they decided to install a deflector. The AC in the bedroom is the only one that has a deflector (see pic). Problem is the deflector causes the cool air to condense and therefore I get a face full of water 4-6 times a night.

I've tried laying down towels between the deflector and the AC unit, but nothing stops the water.

I'm interested to see what they say at 10AM today.

And if they don't see this is a question of physics I'm going to have a fun time trying to explain my theory having had only 9 Thai Language lessons.


I know the word for "hot", "cold", "air","water" and I think I can explain. It may take me drawing a picture too. I also know the word for "Stupid", but don't think I want to use that word to express my thoughts about placing the AC Unit directly over the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment