Monday, February 23, 2009

Waterboarding Solution 2

Solution 1 failed. So today I pulled out the "We are sorry to see you go" memo from the Sales Department of my Serviced Apartment complex, that I received last week. It was the usual form letter delivered 30 days before one's departure. At the bottom was the e-mail address of the Sales Manager.

Solution 2: Write the Sales Manager. I did. I also explained that I'm planning on a return visit in May and will stay for 7 months (there is nothing like an incentive). I explained that if they could provide me a dry bed and a room with a view of more than just the garage of the next building 300 meters away, I would love to come back. I've checked out a couple of other options and no other place can match the comfort of these beds at this location.

There was no e-mail reply today, but when I returned home I could tell something had changed. The bedroom door was closed. There was a smell of fresh caulk and sure enough the seal around the unit was still wet. I turned on the unit at it was set to 18C (64F). I know when I left it was set to 24C (75F).

I called the front desk to ask if they had replaced or just worked on the unit. They didn't know. Then the doorbell rang. I opened it and saw the top of two heads. The men straigtened up and one, dressed in a black suit and tie introduced himself as the Sales Manager. He introduced the other gentleman as the "Chief Technician" (and what is that word in Thai my dear readers? Remember?). He told me they had taken the unit apart, cleaned and resealed everything. If this does not work, I will move to a different room.

So I'll give it a shot, or it will give me one or more. Too bad its shots are only water. I might be kept Absolut-ly asleep otherwise.

And as for my next visit? The Sales Manager is booking me on the top floor - something with a view and a bedroom that does not have the AC unit on the wall above the headboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment