Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Made it to Chicago again

I was not looking forward to this trip - at least not the travel. 27 hrs from my front door to my apartment in Bangkok just seemed extra long this time. But fortunately the airports both KC and Chicago were quiet.




A few weeks ago while visiting my Grandchildren I saw a globe at their home. I showed the oldest, where Thailand is located. I remember being her age riding 8 hours to Dallas to visit my mother's relatives. That trip seemed so long. When I saw Europe on the map, I imagined how long it would take to drive there (I didn't know there wasn't a bridge across the atlantic). I had a concept of "space and time", but I was not sure if my Granddaughter grasped just how far away Thailand is from home. So I called her before leaving KC. I will call her when I arrive at my apartment in Bangkok. That will be a 20+ hour difference between the two calls. I hope that will give her a sense of distance.


Meanwhile I have about 45 more minutes to wait for my plane to leave Chicago for Japan. The Business Lounge is a ghost town. To make matters worse they TV Bar is showing a Bill Dance Fishing show. The only thing worse would be a Golf Show. The soft spoken announcer would put me in a coma.

1 comment: