Friday, May 15, 2009

New Business Class Configuration - United Airlines

United Airlines is upgrading the accommodations in their fleet. During my last trip in January on the way to Bangkok, I upgraded to 1st class. I had the opportunity to see the new configuration. When I took a walk during the flight (can't sit too long), I passed by the Business Class section. I really didn't see that great a difference.

This trip I was afforded the new Business Class configuration on the leg between Japan and Thailand (6-hrs). One again, thanks to my travel agent, I was in the upstairs bubble of the 747. The seats are a little closer together than the old configuraqtion, but they recline to a full 180 degrees, so I was able to get some sleep (something I don't normally do on airplanes).



Aside from loosing some elbow room the 15" monitors didn't afford privacy as they do in 1st class. Fortunately there was no one in the seat next to me. But had their been I would have been able to watch what they were watching in addition to watching my own program.
The two attendants on this flight were incredible. I have never had such good service from a US company. They reminded me of the service one receives when flying on Thai Airlines and these two (Joy and Bill) were Americans based in Japan. I was so impressed I asked for their UA ID numbers so I could reference them by name on the United Airlines "on-line" survey.
I hope to see them on my return flight from Bangkok to Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment