Friday, May 15, 2009

New Apartment - no more waterboarding

Blink and I'm back at Oakwood Residence,
Sukhumvit 24 Bangkok.








This time I have "a view". My apartment is located on the top floor (8). You can see my windows just to the right of the Oakwood logo on the building.






It is smaller in size than the last apartment, but it has "a view" and that is good. I get more sun into my life and that keeps me a bit happier.




















It has all the same furnishings but on a smaller scale. That's ok, I've lost weight and don't need as much room as before.








The kitchen has a better sink filter - something like I'm used to back home. Remember there are no garbage disposals in Bangkok, so having a good sink filter helps a lot if one wishes to cook. Which reminds me I intend to take the remaining 6 courses at BaiPai Thai Cooking School - and get my certification ! Yea... watch out Iron Chef.











There is even a nifty little cabinet at the entrance to keep shoes.








The bedroom AC unit is opposite the bed. So no chance of getting wet. However I sleep with cold air blowing straight at my face. Water or cold air? I'll take the air










The "Office Desk" is also in the bedroom. And I have to walk between the TV and the bed right in front of cold blowing air. Not bad after a walk from the office. But rough coming out of the shower.













The bathroom is close to the same as before. But this time there is a tub with the shower, both behind a glass wall.
And there is no scale - I like that !





















And there is the "Iron Maiden" Washer/Dryer unit that takes 5 hrs to process 1 pair of socks.











Oh yea, THE VIEW. Taken from the Bedroom window. The last pic shows the entrace to Oakwood, where I took the first pictures showing the building and my apartment.




No comments:

Post a Comment