Saturday, May 30, 2009

TCDC

On the 7th floor of The Emporium shopping building, opposite the movie theater refreshment counter (shown on the right) sits the Thailand Creative Design Center.


It is an interesting place to visit and very quiet.

For anyone needing to do research of any type about Thailand, this is the place. I was introduced to the TCDC by a friend who is an advisor for me in X-Cultural training between Thai and the west.






I come here to visit The Kiosk which sits opposite the library and reading area. It is wide open with large screen TV, this time showing a movie with French subtitles, but no sound and a soft female jazz singer doing typical style for this sort of venue. It has free Wi-Fi and a walk up Coffee-Beer Bar. My seat is the one with the small Netbook. I happened to be chatting online to somene back in the States telling them where I was and that I'd take some pics to explain.



Like almost everywhere in Thailand there is the picture of the King and Queen. This photo of the couple many years ago. Thailand has the longest reigning monarchy - 60+ years.









Finally, just before I left Jason, the owner came to work. I asked him for a pic. He's Brittish (I believe from his accent). That may be part of the reason he wasn't smiling. The other was that the staff had failed to properly align the sofas at the front of the big-screen TV. He was obviously upset and we all knew why. And to think, in this economic situation such things happen.

If I just look at the enviroment, my table the walk-up counter, I could imagine myself anywhere in Westport or on the Plaza. But looking outside the window, or at the prices, $1.25 for a Singha Beer, I know I'm in Thaliand






No comments:

Post a Comment