Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thailand the Land of Smile

Yup - Smile. Singular. Seems everyone here smiles. This country is one big smile. All the time. Eskimos have many words for snow. Thais have 12, some say 13 words for "smile". The basic word is pronounced "Yim". In Thai it looks like: ยิ้ม

Thais smile all the time, for every reason.

I've recovered from what I believe was food poisoning. Even finished my goal of graduating from BaiPai Thai Cooking School - an accredited school by the Ministry of Education, Thailand. Even have a certificate to hang on the wall at home which will mean everything I prepare will taste good.

I don't have much to post today, but to this posting I will add pics of Thai smiles.

My greatest gift to be here has been to see the collective Thai Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment